Who we are
Tanzania Renewable Energy Association (TAREA), formerly TASEA (Tanzania Solar Energy Association) is a non-profit making, non-governmental Organization that brings together actors in the renewable energy sectors to promote the accessibility and use of renewable energy technologies in Tanzania. It was established in 2000 and registered by Ministry of Home Affairs on 7th May, 2001 with registration number SA10900.
Mission & Objective
The mission of TAREA is to promote and advocate the increased use of Renewable Energy by developing an effective network of members and stakeholders, emphasizing the need for quality and best practice throughout the sector. The objectives of the Association shall be to promote the sustainable development of Renewable Energy through the following:
- To advance knowledge and skills.
- To manage knowledge and disseminate information.
- To network members and other key actors in the public and private sector.
- To support the creation of an enabling environment and framework for a sustainable renewable energy market.
- To support and encourage best practice, including development and enforcement of standards and codes of conduct.
- To promote the local manufacture of Renewable Energy products and enterprise development in the Renewable Energy sector.
- To facilitate market development of Renewable Energy technologies, applications and services.
TAREA strives for its mission by conducting several activities.
Education and Research
To encourage research and education in renewable energy sector, TAREA cooperates with universities as well as the three Vocational Education Training Authority and Centres in promoting and implementing research and training in renewable energy technologies in Tanzania.
Information and Knowledge
For members and stakeholders TAREA is using magazine, e-newsletter, emails and other communication channels to inform them about current news and events. Moreover there are frequently trainings and other events aiming the enlargement of knowledge and the improvement of its exchange. Besides there are many public relation activities for awareness creation and capacity building like TV and Radio live talks, village presentations, events like women engineering day, distribution of promotional materials and so on. Every year TAREA is organizing the 2-days exhibition called Renewable Energy Day.
The main function of TAREA is to connect all renewable energy stakeholders in the country and abroad who are interested in raising the renewable energy sector in Tanzania.
TAREA brings interests together and represents them extern through lobbying and advocacy on policy, legislation, regulations and standards in Renewable Energy.
TAREA is conducting own projects and is also supporting projects conducted by its members.